TIPC 2017: Borders
To put it simply, borders primarily enforce boundaries, minimizing—if not eliminating—gray areas.
They can indicate physical lines separating political and/or geographic regions, and they can also be applied to metaphysical confines we apply to our everyday lives via human interaction and relationships.
We encourage you to consider the concept of borders as both physical barriers and as intangible perimeters.
Submissions are open to photographers worldwide.
Submission Deadline: July 31, 2017
Entry Fee: $40 (USD) per series (up to 5 images)
Meet the 2016 Jury
– Photographer / Founder, photographers’ gallery (Japan)
– Founder / Director, ZEN FOTO GALLERY (Japan)
– Co-Founder and co-diretor, Seoul Lunar Foto (S. Korea)
– Curator, Musée du Quai Branly (France)
– Artist / Photography Curator (The Netherlands)
– Independent Photography Consultant / Curator (The Netherlands)
– Senior Curator of Photography, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (USA)
– Independent curator / Writer / Professor (Spain)
Allegra Cordero di Montezemolo
– Exhibition Coordinator / Curator, Center for the Image (Mexico)
– Founder / Director, African Artists’ Foundation (Nigeria)
– Director, Singapore International Photography Festival (Singapore)